Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chicks that train for a century ride

Well, Pat and Chris are committed.  This morning they signed up for the OCW Amtrak Century which is 100 miles in one day. Last year they volunteered for the ride working at the end greeting all the tired cyclists.  I know they were thinking....I wish it were me. Or, I think I could do this.
Pat and Chris in the bike lane along Bake Parkway.

Our twice weekly evening rides are a great start.  This morning we did the short Sunday ride with OCW, 24 miles. There were some rollies but not a lot of real huge hills and an awesome down hill coming back into Northwoods in Irvine.  It was a great experience riding with a small group, on the road and in traffic. We rewarded ourselves with lunch at the French Champagne Bakery (but no mimosas for us).  The ride is on September 10th. Just think ladies, it's only 4 times what we rode today.

No comments:

Post a Comment